Monday, March 16, 2009

misty mountain...

This kind of weather always makes me think of Seattle. And Tolkien.

Took a work break this afternoon to let Lucy run around outside-- as much as she can when she's still attached to me-- and the richness of color was too good to pass up. It doesn't show well by camera, but the trees almost glow with the moss and the damp. This is taken from up the hill at the back corner of the house. We're sort of situated in a bowl, with mountain ringing us on all sides, so the weather can be a little strange. The peak across the street wasn't even visible until close to 1 pm.

On the other hand, it looks like at least some of my plants and bulbs survived the constant bouncing between warm and freezing temperatures.

The next few days are supposed to be warm and sunny, so I'm glad for the rain right now. Everything is perking up, and I'll be able to get my photo set-up back out in the sun to get pictures. I like color, which means there are very few places indoors to pose artwork for a clean, neutral photo.

The ideas are coming faster than I have time (or space) to work on them right now, but I'm thankful for that. I know there will be a point where I feel strapped for inspiration again. In the meantime I'm just wishing I had another 8 hours or so of solid working time. Or that I could function well without sleep. I'm at my most manically creative between, say, 9pm and 10am... it's just that I really like my bed, too.


No comments: